At ‘We’ the counsellors are equally as important as the instructors. They will work hand-in-hand with you so you will feel confident about reaching your goals.
Student Partners at ‘We’
-Why are they called Student ‘Partners’?
- We call our counselors ‘Student Partners’ because they are your ‘partner’ who will assist you to enrich your experiences in Japan. They will understand your unique circumstances, personality and needs so that you are on the right track to reach your goals.
-Who are the Student Partners?
- The Student Partners at ‘We’ are all qualified or experienced Japanese teachers, so they can assist you by using their expertise and experiences to create a study plan that is the best for you. They can also act as a private tutor if you have any questions or if you are having problems with your studies.
- As all of our Student Partners have experience living abroad, they understand how difficult it is to live in a foreign country. They are always happy to answer or assist you with any questions or problems that you may have while living in Japan.
-What do the Student Partners do?
- Before you enroll, the Student Partners will provide counselling to learn about your needs and goals so they can customize a study plan that is right for you. We believe that the shortest path to improving your Japanese is for the students, the instructors and the Student Partners to share the same short-term and long-term visions. To this end, the Student Partners will work closely with the instructor and provide study counselling every three months so you can check your progress.
The Flow of the Study Counselling
Counselling to Speed up Progress
During the period of your course, we provide counselling every three months to check your progress, measure the distance to your goal and readjust your study schedule. In addition, we will set a ‘milestone’ every three months so you can visualize your next step and see where you are heading. We assist you to ‘Plan→Do→See,’ and will adjust your study plan depending on your progress. We will make sure that you will be able to follow the shortest path to your goals.
Counselling to Check Your Improvement
At the end of the course, the Student Partners will check your improvement and how much you attained your goals according to the score of your ‘final evaluation.’ Your total ‘We Experience’ includes records of scores in all of your classes, the score of your mid-term evaluation, your results from the JLPT and other exams and comments from instructors will all be taken into consideration to check how much you have improved.
- Self-study Plan
- Study outside of class is important to improve your Japanese. It may even be possible to say that the type of study you do outside of class is crucial to improve your learning in the classroom. However, we understand that business people have very limited time due to their work commitments. At ‘We,’ the counselors will draw on their own experiences and their extensive knowledge about the school system to create a self-study plan that allows you to effectively study outside of class. We also sell textbooks and materials recommended by professionals.
Student Partners at We
Tsurumi University (Bachelor of English and American Language Literature)
Taught Japanese to adults in the United States.
My job is to be a part of each student’s Japanese learning ‘story’ and to work hand-in-hand with them towards their goals. I’m proud to be a part of the ‘We’ team and to be able to support students who want to study Japanese. Starting something new is like stepping into a whole new world. If you are interested in learning Japanese, why not take that first step with ‘We’?
Toyo University (Bachelor of English Communication)
Taught Japanese to adults in Japan.
Through working as a student partner at We Japanese Language School, I have met many great people and have learned what they need to grow in general as well as individually. I also have experience living abroad, so I can certainly feel empathy for your new journey here in Japan. From all of my experiences, I believe the most important thing for a student partner is to understand and draw out your individual needs and expectations. I’m so excited to navigate your Japanese learning experience at We Japanese Language School and I’m sure that you will make amazing discoveries while mastering Japanese!